RealTime TOP
NEW UPDATE
The Telephone Building—Restoring a Clearwater Landmark

PEOPLES BANK

The Peoples Bank, built in 1910/1911, on the corner of Fort Harrison Avenue and Cleveland Street, will be fully restored to its original façade, including later elements added in the 1920s. These include Mediterranean Revival style architectural elements popular in this region of Florida.

READ MORE

THE TELEPHONE BUILDING

The Telephone Building was partially restored in 2007 to its original brick façade, which had been covered over for years with a monolithic plaster enclosure. The planned renovation of the Telephone Building will complete the restoration with a detailed preservation of the brick façade from 1923, returning details to the building, including the original style windows and overhang, and restoring openings that had previously existed.

READ MORE

SEE ALSO: The Telephone Building—Restoring a Clearwater Landmark

F.W. WOOLWORTH CO.

F.W. Woolworth Co. building will be renovated to pay homage to the original location of this historic chain, which opened on Cleveland Street in 1928. Clearwater had been chosen by Woolworth as the smallest city in the country to establish one of their stores based on the company founder’s confidence in the future potential growth of the city.

READ MORE
An exciting new chapter of historic restoration begins for three unique properties on Cleveland Street in downtown Clearwater.

Peoples Bank

Click and drag to use the interactive slider to see the historical building and the Peoples Bank restoration
432 CLEVELAND STREET
1910
The Peoples Bank, built in 1910/1911, on the corner of Fort Harrison Avenue and Cleveland Street, will be fully restored to its original façade, including later elements added in the 1920s. These include Mediterranean Revival style architectural elements popular in this region of Florida. The newly restored building will have space for a large restaurant on the ground floor and creative office space above. The historical clock, which has been located on the corner of this building since 1911, will be fully and expertly restored to working order, where it can once again become a focal point on this historic corner at the crossroads of downtown Clearwater.

The Telephone Building

Click and drag to use the interactive slider to see the historical building and the Telephone Building restoration
534 CLEVELAND STREET
1914

The Telephone Building was partially restored in 2007 to its original brick façade, which had been covered over for years with a monolithic plaster enclosure. The planned renovation of the Telephone Building will complete the restoration with a detailed preservation of the brick façade from 1923, returning details to the building, including the original style windows and overhang, and restoring openings that had previously existed.

Once restored, the building will have space for a restaurant at the ground floor, with outdoor seating along the side of the block. The upper two levels will be restored for creative office space with a separate entry along Garden Avenue. The original wood truss ceilings and brick interior walls will be restored on the interior spaces.

SEE ALSO: The Telephone Building—Restoring a Clearwater Landmark

F.W. Woolworth Co.

Click and drag to use the interactive slider to see the historical building and the F.W. Woolworth Co. restoration
519 CLEVELAND STREET
1910

F.W. Woolworth Co. building will be renovated to pay homage to the original location of this historic chain, which opened on Cleveland Street in 1928. Clearwater had been chosen by Woolworth as the smallest city in the country to establish one of their stores based on the company founder’s confidence in the future potential growth of the city.

The plans for this building include restoring the original brick façade, which has been covered with layers of paint over the years. The store’s original sign will be restored and added across the lower storefronts to mark the historical importance of this building. On the west side, a retail location will be added that will recall the architectural style of the McCrory’s Department Store, which stood adjacent to this site. The overall building will have spaces for boutique retail shops, and the west end will be suitable as a restaurant location. The building’s upper level will include a large open space that can be subdivided as creative offices.


FOR INFORMATION

Scott Dobbins
scott@hybridgecre.com

IMAGES
Download all images